Wednesday, September 10, 2008

If only men came in flavors like Dulce De Leche

Along with fashion, I have an obsession with healthy snack food. One of my greatest healthy loves? I have adored Luna bars for years- unlike some "energy bars" they taste AH-mazing. Seriously. I would trade in my Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for a Luna bar & that's saying something. Dulce de Leche & Chai Tea are my favorites, but Cookies 'n' Cream & Chocolate Raspberry are good as well. All of these flavors are pretty sweet & almost candy bar-like, but I'd really sugar-sensitive and I can still eat these for breakfast without getting an annoying sugar buzz.
I'm also currently OBSESSED with these sugar-free, vegan chocolate chip cookies from Whole Foods (aka Whole Paycheck). The words sugar-free & vegan might not sound promising to all of you (as well as the fact that they contain tofu), but I they taste just as good, if not better, than "normal" cookies. I hope they sell them at your local Whole Foods too, because they are phenomenal.

This isn't meant as a big advertisement or anything. (Although I would appreciate it if someone from Luna read this & sent me a free liftetime supply. Hehe. How 'bout it?) Just like I don't want you to miss out on great fashion, I don't want you to miss out on great food!

I've been reading "Skinny Bitch" lately & they have great suggestions for other snacks. I'm considering the vegan lifestyle, even though I don't think I could give up tilapia & salmon. It'd be a good time in my life to try it though, as my college's food is pretty vegan-friendly.

No comments: