Saturday, July 12, 2008

Smell you later!

One of the world’s best accessories is invisible. Don’t worry, I’m not going to be cliché and say that it’s “confidence”. It’s fragrance.

Currently I’m coveting Stila Crème Bouquet, but it’s been sold out whenever I’ve visited Sephora and I’m too lazy to get on the waiting list. Plus, if everyone else is wearing it, I’m not sure that I want to. But when I received a small sample bottle I got so many compliments, and I feel like the mixture of florals and vanilla tones fits my personality. It’s sweet but not too sweet, perfect for daytime wear.

In the meantime, it’s Burberry Weekend for Men for me. I got a 30 ml. bottle for only $15 from TJ Maxx and I love it. When I first smelled it I didn’t realize it was for men, but the simple navy blue box looked a bit masculine so I checked the label, not seeing anything man-specific. I bought it and found the “For Men” written in tiny letters on the way home. Several guys tried to get me to give it to them, but I loved the scent enough to keep it. So far I haven’t worn it much and therefore haven’t received any comments, but we’ll see what happens when I wear it this weekend. It’s a rather subtle scent. Now that I’ve realized I can wear men’s fragrance, I want some LaCoste Pour Homme too. Who knew I could be so preppy?

If you're clueless as to what fragrance would work for you, I'd try Sephora's Fragrance Finder. The site divides scents into nice little categories.

Women
Fresh- citrus, green leaves, marine notes
Floral- jasmine, rose, white flowers
Oriental- spices, vanilla, patchouli
Woody- citrus, warm woods, moss

Men
Fresh- citrus, green leaves, marine notes
Aromatic- citrus, lavender, geranium
Woody- vetiver, agarwood, cedar

Sephora also offers these nifty gift boxes with samples of tons of popular scents, including a gift certificate for a full-sized bottle of any of the samples after you've selected your favorite. If you want to buy fragrance for your girl or guy, this is often the easiest way to go!


2 comments:

queengilda said...

yum! i love my perfumes. i wear comme des garcons. love it!

catbomb said...

YUUUM. I loove men's fragrance I steal my brother's and wear it all the time! wearing ralph lauren black makes me feel way more powerful than when I wear something floral and pretty. It ups the confidence factor too!